Aims, objectives and constitution
The main aims and purpose of the ECA are:
- To support all clerks to governing bodies working in geographical Essex.
- To ensure and improve the communication of information, advice, guidance and best practice across Essex.
- To develop a buddy system for clerks in order to support and share best practice.
- To recognise the clerk’s role and to offer an independent forum for discussion.
- To act as a voice for Essex clerks.
- To offer opportunities for clerks to network and socialise with colleagues.
- To develop links with other professional bodies and associations, including Governor Services and the Essex School Governors’ Association.